Meant to make this post earlier this week, but work got in my way. Here’s some of what we read at our house this month.
Finished a book titled Dark Clouds. He has been reading exclusively on his tablet. He got a new Nook paperweight for Father’s Day. He was looking for a new book and so Alexis and I each did a search for him.
Hers came from a must read science fiction list from MIT and mine came from Ira Flatow’s Science Friday. He decided to try Seveneves by Neal Stephenson.
To please Sarah, he read the graphic novel she bought him, The Iron Giant by Ted Hughes.
Our prolific reader has finished these books.
- Terminal World by Alistair Reynolds
- Omega City by Diana Peter Freud
- Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black
- The Copper Gauntlets by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black
- Death in Berlin by M.M. Kaye
- The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
Sarah has been pretty busy this month, but she got in a little reading, too.
- Seraphina and the Black Coat by Robert Beatty
- Kodaly in the First Grade Classroom by Michael Houlihan and Phillip Tacky
To finish off this report, here’s my list.
- Soul Music by Terry Pratchett
- The Stars of Fortune by Roberts
- Bay of Sighs by Nora Roberts
- The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan (Loaned to me by Alexis)
- When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris